1. Nobody has an obligation to be nice to you just because you are basically nice to everybody.
2. Do not have expectations of ANY kind! What you consider basic from your end is unbelievably unrealistic for the other.
3. What is important and priority for you is not necessarily important or priority for someone else.
4. What you celebrate is just being tolerated by many. The distinction between both, the circumstances and even their existence have to be acknowledged.
5. Everybody is wired differently. To expect everybody to react the same way you do is ridiculous. Somebody else will not react the way you do.
6. Learn to let go! It may be something that's very important to you but if its reality is dependant on others then it's not worth holding on to.
7. You are responsible for how you react to a situation. Do not react in a manner just because it is expected of you or in a way that ensures attention for you. Your method could be your way of coping but you need to ask yourself what is going to come out of you reacting like that. Is the result going to be different? If no or nothing is the answer then conserve your energy for you ought not to waste your time.
Having said all this, to come to terms with all of these is a tough call, takes humongous patience and acceptance. For some it comes easily, while others struggle and few others live their entire life wondering what happened! To each his or her own but in the end it's all about what YOU learnt, how YOU lived and where YOU are going to go with it all.